Serving up powerful, health-forming information for you this weekend as we head into the holiday season. Carve out some time to separate facts from fiction!
“A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” ― Mark Twain
There is always going to be a trend, some fad, and some true. But what I learned the hard way is that if you follow science and do things back to basics, you cannot go wrong!
Let’s go back to basics and bust some myths.
In the first episode of my MythBuster Series, I had a conversation with Dr. Philip Ovadia, a board-certified cardiac surgeon and founder of Ovadia Heart Health, to shed light on the Oil-free Diet trend/fad.
To better explain the diet trends, Dr. Ovadia takes us back in history to how this trend of low-fat diet started dating back to the 1960s. To get answers to these questions and more click
- In the short term, a low-fat and/or no-fat/ oil-free diet might help with weight loss and improve markers on the lipid panel but is it sustainable long term?
- Is it healthy to be oil-free long term?
- Does low LDL equal better heart health?
P.S. There is a vital marker thatDr. Ovadia recommends and I use in my practice as well to track cardio-metabolic health. Guess what? It is simple, will give an accurate picture of your metabolic health and yet is not widely known.
To receive it Hit Reply to this email with a ❤️
In the second episode of my MythBuster Series, I had a conversation with Dr. Penney Stringer who is sharing her wisdom from 26 years of clinical experience for optimal bone health and avoid the risk for osteoporosis.
To get answers to these questions as well as Dr. Stringer’s clinical pearls click ⬇️⬇️
- Sub-optimal bone density/ Osteopenia/ Osteoporosis at times is accepted as a natural part of aging. Is that true or is that a myth?
- Is drinking milk the key to optimal bone health later in life?
- How much Calcium supplementation is safe? Is more calcium better? What nutrients are a must for bone health?
- What tests should one consider running to track bone health?
P.S. hit Reply to this email with a ❤️❤️ to get the Yoga poses (mentioned in this video) and a link to bone health tracker blood test!
Two Good Reads ⬇️⬇️
I get asked questions about fats and sunflower oil multiple times, so wrote these blog posts to bust the myths. Click on the images below to learn more.
It’s the season of giving so please share these valuable health tips with your friends and family. This message needs to reach far and wide.
Feel free to like, comment, and share!
Wishing you more Health n Happiness in 2023 n beyond!!